Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My New Home!

And that is the view from my new apartment! I've officially moved to Chicago!

The past couple days, I've been trying to organize and unpack. It is still a disaster. My kitchen was not quite ready for me so all my kitchen stuff is strewn all over the dining room table. This of course makes it very hard to cook. Last night I made a simple Tomato Caprese Salad and then played with my new camera...
This is the view from my bed. Yep! I'm not kidding...I look out onto Lake Michigan. This will make law school better, right?
This is Elmer my roommate. He shares the dining room with his wife, Bernadette. She was not feeling very photogenic this evening. I also have a neighboring spider, named Charlotte. She refused to sit still for a picture!

I took this shot of one of the buildings next door in the late afternoon light. It reminded me of the Dancing House in Prague, a favorite building of mine. I love the way the lines are refracted by the windows.

P.S. I promise, as soon as my kitchen is ready, I will make some absolutely delicious! So stay tuned!

11 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Oh my, gorgeous view!! Enjoy the new space!! :0)

Manggy said...

Hmm, this all seems like a swanky existence! No, really! Good luck with law school dear!

Sylvie said...

Good luck in your new place and your studies! I've only just moved myself so I know that it can take a bit to get everything unpacked and back into the kitchen! Your view from your living room is so similar to mine, but unfortunately the room from my bed is nowhere near as beautiful as yours!

Deborah said...

Great view! I've only been to Chicago once, and it was for less than 24 hours. I'd love to go back one day!

Elle said...

Whaddya mean, "will make something delicious?" You just did! And what a gorgeous view!!

LyB said...

What a cute roomie you've got there! Sounds like you found a great place, and that is one inspiring view! Can't wait to see what else you come up with in that new kitchen of yours. :)

Lore said...

What gorgeous views! You, Elmer, Bernadette and Charlotte are one lucky gang ;)

Ginny said...

Veggie Girl- Isn't it! Now remember, the next time you are in Chicago, you must let me know! Im not too far from the Diner you went to!

Manngy- Thanks! I love my new place! the view makes up for the small kitchen...

sylvie- thank you! good luck unpacking! The secret is that my living room and my bedroom are the same room...i have a small studio but the view is worth it!

Deborah- Chicago is great, especially for food lovers! let me know if you ever come! :)

Elle- thank you! :)

LyB- thanks! Hopefully, I'll have some time to cook soon...

Lore- thank you! I love it!

Ginny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Neen said...

Wow. ENJOY Chicago. It's my favorite city ever, and the culinary options are truly fantastic. And before you leave (but maybe after law school, you know, when you have some $$), take yourself to Alinea's. Please. please please. It's heaven on earth. The temple to food-dom.

Unknown said...

what a nice view... cheers to your new home... :)